Sunday 1 July 2007

About me...

My name is José Eleazar Roa Mayora. I was born in 1978 and I am the only child of a marriage that lasted 21 years –my father died in 1995–.
After eight years working as a mechanic (1995 – 2002), I decided to take one step further in my professional development by starting a five-year career at the university. This was not my first attempt; the first one was in 1997 when I took Systems Engineering at Universidad Nacional Abierta, but at that time it was impossible for me to continue.
However, the experience and the knowledge that I acquired during those years allowed me to qualify to go in the Instituto Pedagógico de Caracas and study to become a Teacher of English.
I know this change was totally opposite to what I did before, but I think of it as something that was necessary in order to be in the place that I am now and what happens to me today will be necessary to be in the place that I will be in the future.
As part of one of those experiences that I have been going through during my career, I created this blog which is intended to advertise and promote the use of strategies to succeed in the task of teaching; more specifically, in English Language Teaching (ELT).

2 comments:

Nahir said...

Hi Jose ELeazar,

Your background says a lot about the efforts people do to have a better quality of life, and that we never have to stop fighting for our dreams.

Incredible that turn in your academic preparation, completely different fields, but I think that previous experience has helped you a lot in the new one.

Regards,

Nahir

Mireya García ; José Roa ; Karina Clemente said...

It is good to know that my efforts are not taken for granted but acknowledged. I've been a witness of the benefits that hard work produces and in my case I'm determined to continue in this path that I have chosen. Thanks for your comment, I'm sure you have made a lot of sacrifices to be in the post you are today.